Wednesday 1 August 2018

The Wonderling

This term we are going to be reading a book called the Wonderling. I have already read it before, but it will be good to read it again. The Wonderling is about a fox like creature called Number 13, he only has one ear and can do everything a human can do. He lives at Miss Carbuncle's home for wayward and misbegotten creatures (or commonly known as the home.) The home is like a prison, he gets treated like a slave.
I would totally recommend this book I loved it when I read it. Also after we read each chapter we have to do an activity on it. Today we read chapter 3 and then we had to write a headline, we would put in a newspaper article, if we were reviewing it. I chose, why reach for the stars, when the stars are out of reach.


2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Hannah
    I agree with you, this book is a great read. I really like the headline you have written, it certainly fits with Chapter 3.
    Your headline is a title therefore it requires ....?
    Koka Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is looking great, Hannah! It's good to see some of the learning you've been doing. I've never even heard of this book! Do you have your own copy? I'd love to borrow it sometime to read. I'd love to come in and see some of the things you do during Chapter Chat time - let me know when you are working on this and I'll pop in. Koka Sue :)

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.