Friday 27 November 2020

The Great Wave of Wainui

 This week was my last session ever in Manaiakalani, and got introduced to the Summer learning program. It is a program where there is a task every week that you can do and then post on your blog. Our first task was recolouring famous artworks and learning about the different textures of art on a website called art colouring book. We watched a video called the elements of art. We learnt that art was made up off line, shape, form, space, colour, value and texture. 

I found it very fun to pick my own colours and express my understanding of art. I was slightly annoyed at the amount of colours that were available to use when I was creating. I choose purple and yellow in my picture because they are complementary colours, and blue and pink because I thought they worked really well with the other colours. 

Can you spot the difference?


The Great Wave of Kanagawa coloured by Hannah


The Great Wave of Kanagawa coloured by Katsushika Hokusai




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.